Google is known for making lots of changes to its products all for best use possible, this time text ads of Google adsense have been changed little bit, an arrow with black color has been added in ads between a small box with lite silver color , small box size depends on the size+kind of ad is displayed, e.g for 200*200 a big and only one arrow will be displayed as in 200*200 only one text ad is displayed so with every text ad there is going to be one arrow, this change is going to be biggest change yet for increasing CTR(click through rate) Google really want people to click on ads , want to fill the pocked eh.
The color of the arrow will depend on the color palette you have chosen e.g if the background of ad unit is white , the arrow will be in silver color, and for other background color arrow will have different color, this change will make sure arrow and background don’t get mixed up with same color.
Some examples of changes in text ads, first image is of 200×200 Ad Unit and the next is of 300×250 Ad Unit.
Google is calling this small box with an arrow a (click able arrow icon) and the experiments that they ran with this proved to be uplift in CTR across Google display network and that do not display similar images with these ads if you believe in the Google Adsense policy and do not mimic with the arrow.
The arrow will be the most noted change in text ads but with that there are some other changes also such as slight optimization to font size, spacing, padding and text layouts.
- With the change of spacing , there would be blanks between words, lines etc.
- Font size slight optimization : It must be really slight because i cannot tell any difference my eye sight is also good.
- Padding: Ads will look soft.
- Text Layout : The layout difference which you will notice is the website address will now be shown before description of advertiser ad.
On this change people have different opinions some are saying at least they should have had the option to put the arrow in or not, while some it will improve CTR.
Latest posts by Daniyal Adrees (see all)
- Why i let danihowto.com expire - May 7, 2013
- Yahoo updates its self - February 20, 2013
- Instagram selling photo mistake a lesson to be learnt - December 30, 2012